Adventures in the Mexican Caribbean
Tulum for honeymooners
Tulum is an unforgettable destination if you go with your partner to spend a few days relaxing in these beautiful beaches of the Mexican Caribbean, since here there are hotels where they do not accept children or are even nudists so variety is what there is.
Even if you are looking for a party you can enjoy some very good bohemian chic since Tulum is a booming destination of the culture of mixology and new trends when the drink is about, you will not regret if you are looking for a good dance .
Where to stay in Riviera Maya?
One of my favorite hotels by far is Mi Amor Hotel Tulum, located on the hotel zone of Tulum (boca paila), it is a unique design hotel with an incredible view that will make you feel relaxed, the service is excellent, the kitchen is of author and of course they do not accept children.
If you are looking for a more crazy plan, there is the hotel Azulik, located equally on the road boca paila, its natural design and in harmony with nature will make you feel in a chapter of lost, one of the attractions that have made this famous hotel more is that your beach is nude (yes, nudist!), so you know if you want to match the bikini.
Another very famous hotel (and with good reviews on tripadvisor) but which I have not personally visited is Ahau Tulum, it offers a very relaxed atmosphere in the middle of nature, it is a leader in eco experiences, they say that the food is delicious, it has rooms with Ocean view and offers yoga classes.
What to do in Tulum?
- Visit the Batey and ask for a passion fruit mojito
- Take a bike ride through the hotel zone (boca paila).
- Dine at the mezzanine, one of the most famous Thai restaurants in the area (with multiple prizes and an incredible terrace!).
- Visit the little known Kanlum lagoon (or Kaan Luum).
- Spend an afternoon beach paradise on one of its beautiful public beaches or at a beach bar, my favorites: La Eufemia and Ziggi’s Beach Bar
- Visit the archaeological site (yes, arrive early to avoid crowds)
- Release turtles or watch spawn according to the season
- Eat pizza at my favorite place El Manglar (local, oven and cheap)
Family vacations in Cancun
Well undoubtedly for family plan and take the little ones I would say that Cancun offers a wide range of all inclusive resorts that will make your family trip a pleasant experience.
even Cancun offers ideal beach for the little ones, because its waters are calm and short, ideal for babies.
It also offers many restaurant options on the hotel zone with an incredible view of the Nichupté Lagoon ideal for a couple’s evening while leaving the little ones with the babysitter (some resorts like Hard Rock offer this option).
What to do in Cancun?
- Enjoy in a resort all inclusive of your family on the shore of the beach.
- Since you are in Cancun, it would be worth taking a ferry in the hotel zone and crossing to Isla Mujeres, it is the closest point to get there, it is about 20 minutes by ferry.
- Eat lobster in one of its delicious restaurants facing the lagoon.
- Diving in the submarine museum of Cancun
- Visit Plaza la Isla and, in passing, eat in one of its very famous restaurants in front of the lagoon called Thai, without a doubt a unique experience!
- See one of the incredible sunsets in front of the lagoon
- Take a walk along the Ruta Nader and enjoy one of its new culinary proposals such as El Pescado Ciego or Nebrina.
- Recommendation of locals for locals, visit the restaurant that goes, is one of the oldest seafood restaurants in the city and where the locals go to eat, good prices and good seasoning!
Friends vacations in Playa del Carmen
Well, in this type of category this destination offers many options, you can find something to do almost anywhere in the Riviera Maya, from natural sites to activities at night.
Playa del Carmen offers many options for nightly entertainment, this destination is designed and designed to have a good time in the company of friends.
Tulum offers a lot also with its natural sites and parties in full moon and cocktails author, Cancun has good dens on the hotel zone and is the # 1 destination to receive the feared spring breakers, they have everything under control.
What to do in Playa del Carmen:
- Visit some cenotes, my favorites: Garden of Eden, enchanted cenote, blue cenote, Two eyes, and uf the list is long.
- Go to a Full Moon Party of Papaya Beach in Tulum
- Visit beach paradise in Tulum or Mamitas in Playa del Carmen.
- Visit the 12th street in Playa del Carmen and ask for a mezcal mix with beer in don Mezcal for $ 50!
- Give bar tour with your friends on 10th street in Playa del Carmen.
- Cast the dancing on the Mandala, the Vaquita or Abolengo.
- Visit the hotel zone of Tulum at night and dance at Casa Jaguar, Gitano or Papaya Playa.
- Give the Tour by bike in the hotel zone of Tulum
- Visit the Coco Bongo in Cancun or Playa Del Carmen.
And the list goes on … and goes on and on. No doubt you already have your favorites about these destinations, let us know what else can be done in the Caribbean, do you know a must? Share it with us!